Poor engine starting performance, excessive engine knocking at idle, engine runs in emergency mode.
If the above problem is raised, it could have several causes. Implausible values may cause the symptoms described. In addition, the following error codes may be stored in the engine control unit:
- P1556 – Turbocharging pressure, control limit is not reached.
In this case, proceed as follows:
- Disconnect wire harness multi-plug from the engine control unit and the coolant temperature sensor and perform a continuity test.
- Check contacts on both sides for corrosion and mechanical damage, repair if necessary.
- Check the ground connections.
- Check that the coolant temperature sensor functions perfectly. At 80 °C, the sensor should have a resistance of 275 - of 375 ohms. If the sensor is defective, it must be replaced.
Important safety information
The technical information and practical tips have been compiled by HELLA in order to provide professional support to vehicle workshops in their day-to-day work. The information provided on this website is intended for use by suitably qualified personnel only.
Reprinting, distribution, reproduction, exploitation in any form and disclosure of the contents of this document, even in part, is prohibited without our express, written approval and indication of the source. The schematic illustrations, pictures and descriptions are for explanation and presentation of the document text and cannot be used as a basis for installation or design. All rights reserved. All rights reserved.