In order for everything to function perfectly, both freedom and also ease of movement must be guaranteed.
Depending on the type of brake calliper, the guide bolts in the brake calliper carrier can be guided internally and sealed with dust protection sleeves or screwed onto the outside and mounted continuously in damping sleeves.
Contaminated, sluggish or seized up guide elements lead to a limited functioning of the brake calliper and can have the following effects:
- Increased wear of brake pads/linings and brake discs
- Uneven lining wear
- Inadequate or one-sided braking behaviour
- Increased heating up of material / thermal overload
- Brake discs discoloured on one side or subject to shrinkage/wearing
- Increased noise when the brake is not applied
- Severe, one-sided wheel dirt caused by brake abrasion
In some cases, the wear pattern of the old removed brake linings may already indicate a possible cause.