Opel Vivaro - The engine oil pressure indicator lamp lights up while vehicle is being driven | HELLA
Engine code: M9R
Model year: from 2010
The engine oil pressure indicator lamp lights up while vehicle is being driven
Error code: P0520, P0521, P0522, P0523
If the above-mentioned problem is detected in connection with the error codes stated here, there could be two possible causes creating the trouble.
1. A faulty plug connection between the oil pressure switch and the multiple plug of the instrument panel (IPC).
2. Quickly switching the ignition on and off can lead to a software conflict with the instrument panel (IPC) and cause the indicator light to go on.
What the error codes mean:
-P0520 Engine oil pressure sensor/switch - circuit malfunction
-P0521 Engine oil pressure sensor/switch - circuit
-P0522 Engine oil pressure sensor/switch - Circuit has too low a voltage
-P0523 Engine oil pressure sensor/switch - circuit has too high a voltage
1. Switch off ignition
2. Check engine oil level
3. Disconnect the wiring harness plug from the oil pressure switch.
4. Perform a visual inspection of the plug connector (checking for contamination and damage) and, if necessary, clean with a contact spray recommended by the vehicle manufacturer or, in the event of damage, replace the wiring harness in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer's instructions.
When plugging the wiring harness connector onto the oil pressure switch, make sure that a definite clicking sound is heard, that the connector is completely engaged and that the plug connection is not subjected to tensile stress.
5. Carry out a test drive and check that the indicator lamp no longer comes on while the vehicle is being driven
If the indicator lamp still lights up, it is necessary to reset the instrument panel (IPC).
For this purpose, the system must be disconnected from the power supply (disconnect the battery briefly).
Please always observe the repair and maintenance notes provided by the vehicle manufacturer when carrying out such work.
A software update for the instrument panel cluster (IPC) has been available since 08/2012 and can be carried out in an authorized workshop.