2nd generation 2000 to 2007
Radio interference by disturbance from the fuel pump ass'y
If there are complaints about radio interference in the AM band in these vehicles, a possible cause of fault is the fuel pump ass'y.
- Check whether the signal interference is caused by the fuel pump ass'y.
If so, the vehicle manufacturer provides the interference suppression ring (spare part no. 30739380).
· Expose the multi-connector of the fuel pump wiring harness under the rear seat (right).
· Remove the wiring harness multi-connector (6-pin) from the mounting plate.
· Disconnect the cable at slot 6 (yellow cable) from the socket of the wiring harness multi-connector (use appropriate special tool).
· Remove the wiring harness insulation (approx. 140 mm) .
· Wrap the yellow wire three times around the interference suppression ring.
· Then reconnect the yellow cable to slot 6 in the socket of the harness multiple connector.
· Properly reinsulate the wiring harness and connect the wiring harness multi-connector.
Important safety note
Not helpful at all