HELLA is a global, family-owned company, listed on the stock exchange, with more than 40,000 employees at over 125 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting technology and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry and has one of the largest retail organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnostics, and services within Europe. With preliminary sales of approx. EUR 7.1 billion in fiscal year 2017/2018, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world and one of the 100 largest German industrial companies.
HELLA India Automotive Pvt. Ltd. (HIA) was established as a 100% subsidiary of HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA in 2005. It has its presence across major automobile hubs in India with six locations: Corporate office in Gurugram, Plant in Dhankot (automotive electronics) and 2nd Plant in Becharji, Gujarat, Global Electronics Development Centre in Pune, Global Lighting Engineering Centre in Chennai and Coimbatore. HIA employs more than 1,600 people.
HIA offers automotive product and system solutions in areas of body electronics, energy management, steering systems, sensors and actuators to the passenger and commercial vehicle segments.
HIA’s current and planned product portfolio for India includes:
- BODY ELECTRONICS: Body control modules, Car Access Passive Entry, Remote Keyless Entry, Smart Mood Lighting, Reverse Park Assist System, Immobilizer, Connectivity Solutions
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT: Intelligent Battery Systems, DC/DC Converters, DC/DC Stabilizer, Fuel Control Module, Current Sensor
- ELECTRIC POWER STEERING: Steering Control Module, Steering Torque & Angle Sensor
- SENSORS: Accelerator Pedal Sensor, Position Sensor, Oil Level Sensor, Climate Sensor, Rain Light Sensor
- ACTUATORS: Headlamp Levelling Actuator, Vacuum Pump, Body Actuators, Electronic Horn, Engine Compartment Actuator
- 2/3-WHEELER MARKET: Multifunction Connectivity ECU, Motor Controller, Motor
Major customers include Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Renault Nissan, Lumax, Mahindra, Tata Motors, Honda, etc.,