Takeover offer from Faurecia
Faurecia S.E. has reached an agreement with the pool shareholders of HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA and HELLA GmbH & Co. KgaA, in which it commits to:
- making a voluntary public takeover offer of € 60.00 per Hella share, which, together with the dividend distributed by HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA on October 05, 2021 for the fiscal year ending May 31, 2021 in the amount of € 0.96 per share, corresponds to a premium of
- 33% on top of the unaffected share price of € 45.80 of April 26, 2021, and o
- 24% on top of the last unaffected 3-month VWAP (volume-weighted average price) of € 49.10 of April 26, 2021
- buying the owner family's 60% stake at a price of €60.00 per share, paid for by €3.4 billion in cash and by issuing up to 13,571,428 new Faurecia shares
- thereby creating the #7 global automotive supplier with a state-of-the-art technology portfolio covering all megatrends in the industry.
On October 28, 2021, Faurecia announced that the takeover offer was accepted within the acceptance period for 14,929,369 HELLA shares. By the end of the additional acceptance period on 11 November 2021, 24:00 hours (CET), the Takeover Offer has been accepted for a total of 21,662,359 HELLA Shares. This corresponds to a share of approx. 19.5 percent of HELLA's share capital and voting rights existing as of this date.
Together with the share of approx. 60.00 percent that Faurecia has acquired from the pool shareholders of HELLA, Faurecia thus holds approx. 79.5 percent of the share capital and the voting rights of HELLA as of the reporting date 11 November 2021.