Focus C-Max 1.6 16V
With engine code HWDA
If a customer complains about the above error, this could be caused by a defective throttle potentiometer and/or a corroded connecting plug. The error could also become noticeable by a significant lack of power. The following error codes could be stored in memory:
In this case, proceed as follows:
- Clean plug contact of throttle potentiometer.
- If the contacts have been destroyed, the potentiometer (Ford part no. 1483794) must be replaced.
- To replace the potentiometer, remove the throttle housing and install the new potentiometer.
- Check the movement of the throttle. Perform this check by moving the throttle a couple of times by hand. The throttle must return smoothly to the original position after being released. If this is not the case, correct the movement of the throttle or optionally replace the throttle housing (Ford part no. 1483795).
- After the repair, clear the event memory and check the engine for problem-free functioning.
Important safety notice
The following technical information and tips for practical use have been set up by HELLA in order to offer professional support to automotive workshops in their daily work. The information available here on this website is only to be used by appropriately trained specialist staff.
The reprinting, distribution, reproduction, exploitation in any form and disclosure of the contents of this document, even in part, is prohibited without our express written approval and indication of the source. The schematic illustrations, figures and descriptions are for explanation and presentation of the document text and cannot be used as a basis for installation or design. All rights reserved.