- Steering torque:
- The sensor records the torsion bar angle required for the steering movement.
- Steering angle:
- The sensor measures the angle and speed of change in the position of the steering wheel
Both sensor functions are integrated in one sensor and benefit from HELLA’s proprietary CIPOS® technology.
- Modular sensor design for all types of electromechanical power steering (EPS)
- System integration capability with HELLA EPS
- Diversification of technologies (inductive and Hall)
- Absolute angle information for output and input shaft
- Ratiometric measuring principle to improve accuracy over total measurement range
- Freely programmable torque range with up to +/- 8°
- Intelligent software concept for increased safety
- No need for additional steering angle sensor in the steering column